IACCS Professional Educator Certification
The Purpose of IACCS Profssional Educator Certification
International Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (IACCS) teacher/administrator certification is not an attempt to standardize, license, regulate, or control any individual, school, church, organization, or entity. Specifically, the certification of an individual is to assist in benefiting the quality of Christian education. Further, it is meant to provide an individual with a professional credential; to encourage continuing spiritual and educational accomplishments; to provide a valid educational character reference; and to benefit the overall public relations aspect of the Christian school ministry. It is NOT meant to replace or diminish the certification program of any state Department of Education. IACCS certification is unique in that it requires not only educational excellence, but also distinctively Christian philosophical elements necessary for a quality Christian education.
The Privilege of IACCS Professional Educator Certification
IACCS certification is a privilege afforded to the faculty and staff of any IACCS participating or accredited school whose President, Board, School Administrator, Headmaster, or Principal has signed the individual’s application. The individual must be gainfully employed by the school before certification will be granted. The certificate is the sole property of the name bearer and that person is fully accountable to maintain certification standards.
The Process of IACCS Certification
IACCS certification briefly involves the following areas: the undergraduate and graduate educational preparation of the applicant, specifically degrees earned; the total number of educational and administrative courses completed in the above mentioned degree programs; and the specific areas of concentrated study for subject area endorsement.
In order for these areas to be appropriately examined, an individual desiring certification must do the following:
- obtain a IACCS Professional Educator Certification Application and complete it in its entirety with the head school official’s signature;
- attach official transcripts from ALL college, seminary, Bible institute, university, or other training facilities or have them sent directly from the school to the IACCS Office of Program Services (grade reports, non-official copies, or faxed copies of transcripts are not acceptable);
- enclose the appropriate evaluation fee and additional fees (if applicable) for each certificate type and level desired;
- send all of the above documents to the IACCS Office of Program Services; and
- allow at least 6 weeks for the application to be processed once all materials are received.